Wednesday, November 18, 2009

C. Dean Andersson's Blurb for Flank Hawk


"FLANK HAWK’s characters skewer you on page one, then the plot kicks your butt! Grab hold! Ervin's got the magic!"

--C. Dean Andersson, author of the Bloodsong Trilogy


In addition to his blurb of Flank Hawk, C. Dean Andersson posted this review on Amazon.com:

"When Terry Ervin asked me to read an advanced copy of Flank Hawk, I hesitated at first, not sure I could find the time in my own writing schedule, but when I heard what it was about, I said yes, and I'm glad I did! Also, for full disclosure purposes here, although there is no money in it for me, understand, whatsoever, I was glad to put my name on a "blurb" I afterward wrote for the cover (and Christine M. Griffin did a great job of painting that cover, seems to me, an artist to watch out for--speaking from experience,cover paintings can be tricky little devils to get right!)...but the bottom line is, that looking back, I still agree with the way I felt at the time I read the advanced copy...I ended the blurb I wrote for Flank Hawk with, "Ervin's got the magic!" And I still feel it's true. Amazon's "see inside the book" feature allows you to read the first page, so if you've got a minute to do that, see if that first page grabs you like it did me...I wanted to keep reading immediately, and it's a rare book that produces that effect in me, these days...a bit jaded, you know? But this book did it for me, and I look forward now to seeing what Ervin's going to come up with next!"

I've really enjoyed C. Dean Andersson's works over the years, especially the Bloodsong Saga. If you ever get the chance, you should check out his work. Strong, interesting characters and well-written action that keeps you turning the pages.

The bottom line is that I am truly honored that Mr. Andersson has spoken so highly of my writing.

5 comments:

  1. The Blondsong Saga interested me when I looked up C. Dean Andersson. I'll have to pick up one of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Authors by Design, thanks!

    Sandy Daley, he also wrote under the pen name of Asa Drake, if you ever visit used book stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree it is, Cher! Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete