Thursday, July 14, 2011

Update: The Thylacine (Tasmanian Wolf) Recent Sightings

`
In a follow-up to my previous post (Thylacine (Tasmanian Wolf), I will respond readers/visitors who contacted me about sightings of the thylacine in recent (or relatively recent years).

I knew about them and that is part of what has kept me hopeful about the species not being extinct. Still a long shot, but why not?

For those who would like to see, here are some videos. Compare what is seen in the videos to the zoo footage from the 1930s. Maybe it's like the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker, believed extinct since the 1940s, and now that status is in serious question. You be the judge.






The thylacine footage for the video above occurs about 40 seconds in.

If interested, you can search Youtube and find a few more.

What do you think?
`

2 comments: