Saturday, September 14, 2019

Art from a Scene in Monsters, Maces and Magic: Outpost


Thought I would share a picture of a scene from Outpost. While it's sort of titillating, it actually turns out to be one of the funnier scenes in the novel, and one that most readers that way.

And for those who are curious, my novels are pretty much PG-13--minimal cussing and lacking in sexual content. Just not what I write, but I that doesn't mean it my books aren't fast and fun.

Poor Stephi. That's what happened when she allowed a 13 year-old boy to guide the creation of her elven female RPG character, while egging him on, to gather fodder for a Sociology 102 paper--and then Stephi gets drawn into the game as that character...

I encourage you to give the first book in the series a try. It's filled fast-paced action, and should make you grin while reading, at least once or twice.

The artist who created the pic is Mario A. Barraza. You can find more samples of his work at his DeviantArt page: HERE


2 comments:

  1. Stories that involve fantasy RPG are neat! I'm writing one, a novella, right now. It's a horror story that actually involves a fantasy MORPG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That;s great, Steven. I have read on forums and FB that readers are seeking horror-related GameLit/LitRPG tales.

      Delete