Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Scene of My Second Murder


My short story "The Scene of My Second Murder" is a mystery spiced with a tinge of horror.

Fear and Trembling published it in April of 2009, but sadly the ezine is soon closing up shop. Thus, I am posting the link before it becomes unavailable.

"The Scene of My Second Murder" is one of my favorite shorts I've written and it's also one I occasionally use in the classroom.

It's pretty short, only 2800 words, so give it a read if you have a few minutes and let me know what you think.

7 comments:

  1. Great story. I liked it quite a bit when you submitted to Mindflights. It just seemed to dark for us, so I'm glad that Fear and Trembling took it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Angie!

    Actually, it was accepted at another market, but after a 7 or 8 year run, my story was scheduled for the issue that was to follow what turned out to be the final issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good story. It's a shame so many of the ezines are going under.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry, Great story. Sad to see another publication leaving. Our opportunities keep dying away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree on both counts, Cher and Sandy--especially the loss of another market for writers and for readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyn Perry is taking on Fear and Trembling over at Residential Aliens, I think, so it won't be totally gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news to know! The archived file will remain available.

    ReplyDelete