Monday, August 2, 2010

Five Considerations Before Joining a Crit Group


Based on emails received, the article linked to below is one of the more popular ones I've written. I think it stems from the difficulty writers encounter while seeking not only readers for their works in progress, but also trying to find effective ways to improve their writing. A solid crit group can do that, and provide networking and other support. With that in mind, remember that all crit groups are not created equal, and some are counter productive with respect to a writer's improvement and success.


If you're a writer out there and seeking an established crit group, Elysian Fields, an online group I moderate, has an opening. Contact me for details (see bottom of page for the Elysian Fields link).

.

2 comments:

  1. I'll go check out the article. I have rather mixed feelings about critique groups myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crit groups aren't for every writer, that's for sure, Angie.

    ReplyDelete