Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tradition and Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries.

`
As a kid, my favorite breakfast cereal was Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries, a treat rarely purchased by my mother. Corn Flakes and Raisin Bran were the staple breakfast cereals in my home.

As an adult, Captain Crunch isn't a staple, but a treat. It's become a tradition of sorts, where I  (or my wife)  purchase a box around breaks in the school year--Christmas, Easter and Summer. (For those who may not know, in addition to being a writer and a village councilman, my main career is teaching)

Not the healthiest of ways to start the day, but there are worse. Just one of the cool options adults have over being a kid.
`

1 comment:

  1. Cool, Angie. Not as good as French Toast and Spam, but close!

    ReplyDelete