Monday, March 23, 2015

Decades old Gloves

`
In addition to my Gauntlets of Fumbling, my other old pair of gloves date back to the mid 1980s. They still keep my hands warm and are pretty durable, shoveling and working outside in the snow and cold.

The finger tip was chewed off by one of my mother's dogs the same year I got them. I just sewed them up (I had a lot less money back then--and wouldn't have thrown them away even if I had).

My daughter once asked what happened to them and why I sewed the finger tip up (a good sewing job as it's lasted three decades). When I told them the a dog chewed the tip off, she wondered if my finger was in the glove when it happened. No, it wasn't. They were sitting by the furnace vent, drying off when they fell prey.

In any case, as Spring has arrived (in theory), they'll go back into the closet to await next winter--after Wednesday when we're looking at the possibility of snow. :)


2 comments:

  1. Those are some seriously high-quality gloves to last so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. Don't always make them like they used to!

      Delete