Sunday, June 21, 2015

Author John Scalzi's Opinion on the Amazon KU Modifications

`
Here's an opinion by a well known author on the 'tweaks' as to how KDP Select Authors will be paid for their books picked/read by readers in Amazon's Kindle Unlimited program.

Link: John Scalzi-- Amazon Tweaks Its Kindle Unlimited System. It Still Sucks For KDP Select Authors

Two Popular Novels by John Scalzi

I'm not involved in any way, as my publisher (Gryphonwood Press) doesn't restrict any works published by Gryphonwood to have availability only through Amazon. Also, as a reader, I am not part of Kindle Unlimited.


While the article/opinion mainly focuses on the effect on authors, how authors respond (or don't respond) will ultimately affect readers. For what it's worth, I think John Scalzi's views are pretty much on target, and I agree with the choice of my publisher to distribute through as many venues as possible.
`


2 comments:

  1. I agree. Why would I submit to KU when I can submit to Scribd AND get 70% royalties the moment the book is downloaded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct. KU limits your potential audience located outside the 'Amazon universe.'

      Delete