Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Tethered in Purgatory": My First Published Short Story


I thought I'd focus this post on a short story that I'm quite proud of, "Tethered in Purgatory." The Sword Review published it way back in July of 2006 (okay, 2006 isn't that far back). Later that year Double-Edged Publishing selected it for their annual anthology, Distant Passages Volume 2.

If you've got a bit of time, give it a read. I'd love to learn your thoughts.

...Trapped, inches from paradise. What might a desperate soul risk to reach Heaven? What will it cost him?

3 comments:

  1. I remember that one. Great story! It was your first, huh? Does this mean I get to take credit for "discovering" you? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do I remember it, I also have a signed copy. It is a very thought-provocative story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Angie! Yes, you can take credit for discovering me...for what it's worth :)

    Sandy, I remember signing, with the Myles' pizza in the air about us!

    ReplyDelete