Sunday, June 13, 2010

Roger Zelazny Quote


"I try to sit down at the typewriter four times a day, even if it's only five minutes, and write three sentences." --Roger Zelazny (May 13, 1937 – June 14, 1995)

Roger Zelazny remains one of my favorite authors and I find both inspiration in and have learned more than a bit about writing through reading many of his works.

Some of my favorites are:





All are available through (distributed by) his current publisher, HarperCollins.

If you ever get the chance to to listen to his works (he narrated most of them that are available) it is a great experience. Currently Speaking Volumes is reproducing and distributing his audiobooks.

5 comments:

  1. I am embarrassed to admit that I've never read any of his books. I will definitely have to correct that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,

    Lord of Light is considered a classic. More SF than fantasy. It's a very interesting and fun read. Creatures of Light and Darkness is an odd but fun read, with some very humorous parts. The Chronicles of Amber, you can't beat them for a classic fantasy series.

    But in truth, there is only so much time to read. Many of his works should be available through your local library. If you can squeeze at least one of them in, you won't be disappointed.

    I didn't include A Night in the Lonesome October, because it's only available in audiobook--currently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This author's name does sound familiar to me, but as you know I'm not an avid reader of SF or fantasy. Although I hav been picking up a few lately. I will have to check your guy out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of his works should be in the local library, Cher. Most of his works are a fast read, except Lord of Light. It takes some heavier concentration in a few parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, Terry. I left you an award on my blog. A sci-fi award! Go check it out.

    ReplyDelete