Monday, May 30, 2011

ConCarolinas 2011

`
I'll be attending ConCarolinas 2011 (June 3-5) again this year and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll spend a lot of time at the Gryphonwood Press Table in the Dealer's Room, along with several other Gryphonwood authors (Jim Bernheimer and David Wood).

I'll also be participating on several panels:

Saturday 12:00 pm to 01:00 pm
Event Title: Skeptics vs. Believers
Location: Walden - Programming 4
Believers of the paranormal face off against skeptics in a civilized debate.

Panelists: Theresa Bane, Justin Chung, Tonya Denny, Terry W Ervin II, Shawn Sellers, Tina McSwain, Rob R Shelsky, Gail Z. Martin


Saturday 07:00 pm to 08:00 pm
Event Title: When Did Science Become a Bad Word
Location: Olmstead - Programming 7
Why does our society seem to fear science?

Panelists: Chris Berman, Justin Chung, Terry W Ervin II, James Maxey, Emlee Vassilos, Stephen Euin Cobb, James Craig


Sunday 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Event Title: Faith Based Initiative
Location: University Ballroom A - Programming 3
Including religious characters in our genre fiction.

Panelists: Mason Lavin, Joe Naff, Terry W Ervin II, Glenda C. Finkelstein, Stephen Zimmer, Edmund R. Schubert

Author Harry Turtledove
I'm really looking forward to meeting Toni Weisskopf (Managing Editor of Baen Books) and Harry Turtledove (Bestselling SF/Fantasy Author)

Hope to seeing you there!
`

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I'm curious. Are you on the skeptic or believer side of the debate? Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me as a skeptic. Originally, when I listed the panel as one of the possiblities, I thought it was more along religious lines (they didn't have a description other than the title). That I'd be a little better prepared for, but it'll work out fine.

    ReplyDelete