Monday, July 26, 2021

The Passing of C Dean Andersson (Asa Drake)



I recently learned of the passing of C. Dean Andersson.

I am truly saddened. Dean really helped my writing get a boost with his blurb of Flank Hawk. We communicated off and on over the years and I really enjoyed (among other things) the sharing of his interactions and anecdotal stories with some of the big name authors in the 1980s and early 1990s.

I had the opportunity to interview him twice for this blog:
Interview with Fantasy & Horror Writer C Dean Andersson (2013)
Return Interview with Fantasy & Horror Writer C Dean Andersson (2020)

Many years ago I came across his Bloodsong Series through the recommendation of a bookseller at a convention. 



The Bloodsong Series really caught my imagination. 

When Flank Hawk had been accepted by Gryphonwood Press, Dean was one of the authors I contacted, to see if he would read my novel and, if he enjoyed it, would offer a blurb for the book. Obviously, he replied and enjoyed my debut novel enough to put his name behind it.

Dean remained kind and supportive over the years as we talked about writing and the changing landscape of being an author, and more.

I know I will miss him, and I only knew him in a small way. Certainly those who loved and knew him better will miss his presence in their lives far, far more.

Here is a link where you can learn more about C Dean Andersson and his passing:
Rest in Peace Dean Andersson (at Realms of Night)

Here is C Dean Andersson's website:
C. Dean Andersson Fantasy and Horror

Wikipedia Page:
C. Dean Andersson

C Dean Andersson's Amazon Page:
C Dean Andersson (on Amazon) where you can find access to all of his works, fantasy and horror. If you already haven't, consider picking up one or more of his works, if any pique your interest. As an author Dean's goal had been to share tales readers would enjoy, and I know he'd love for his works to continue doing just that.


No comments:

Post a Comment